Chart how long does vacuum sealed food last in the fridge
Sometimes we buy too much food. In order to extend the shelf life of food, we want to keep it fresh through vacuum. So how long does vacuum sealed food last in the fridge? Does vacuum sealed food last longer? Is vacuum sealing food safe?
This issue needs to be analyzed differently.
- Different products have different shelf life
- The same product has a different pre-treatment process, and the shelf life can also be different;
- The same product, the same Pre-treatment process, different temperature, the shelf life can also be different.
- The machine configuration of the vacuum packaging machine affects the shelf life.
Below We discuss in the case of unopened packaging and no preservatives.
How long does vacuum sealed food last in the fridge? Does vacuum sealing preserve meat?
There are two types of meat, one is raw meat and the other is cooked meat.
How long does vacuum sealed raw meat last in the fridge? Likes raw chicken, pork, ground beef, ribs, steak, deer, meat, fish, it lasts 2 weeks in the temperature of 5±3℃。How long can frozen raw meat sit out? It lasts 15-20 months in the temperature of -16~20℃.
How long does vacuum sealed cooked meat last in the fridge? Like lunch meat, smoked meat, cooked chicken, deli meat, salami, ham, cured meat, sausage.it lasts 2-3 days in the temperature of 5±3℃. How long can frozen cooked meat last in the fridge? It lasts 3 months below the temperature of -18℃.
How long will vacuum sealed vegetables and fresh fruit last in the refrigerator? What vegetables can be vacuumed sealed?
Generally, leafy vegetables do not need to be vacuumed. Root and stem vegetables such as potatoes, tomatoes, etc., can be extended to 6 days after vacuum packaging, and some can be extended to 18 days.
Shelf life of fresh fruit like apples, avocado last 14-20 days.
What about other products?
The preservation period of fresh shrimps lasts in the fridge is 3 months, and it does not affect consumption for 6 months. Generally, it can be stored for 1-3 months.
In addition, vacuum packaging has different requirements for the permeability of the material. Not all vacuum packaging can achieve the “vacuum” effect, and the stitched sealing part is prone to problems. These factors affect the shelf life of the product.
Which foods are suitable for vacuum packaging?
Pickled food: sausages, ham, bacon, duck, etc.; pickles: mustard, dried radish, kohlrabi, kimchi, etc.; soy products: dried tofu, vegetarian chicken, bean paste, etc.; cooked food products: roast chicken, roast duck, sauce beef, etc.; Convenience food: rice, instant noodles, cooked vegetables, etc.; soft canned food: bamboo shoots in clear water, fruits in syrup, eight-treasure porridge, etc.
The principle of vacuum packaging preservation
Decompression packaging is to extract all the air in the packaging container and seal it to maintain a high degree of decompression in the bag. The scarcity of air is equivalent to the effect of low oxygen, so that microorganisms have no living conditions to achieve the goal of fresh fruit and no disease. At present, there are vacuum packaging in plastic bags, aluminum foil packaging, glassware, plastic and its composite material packaging, etc. The packaging materials can be selected according to the types of items.
Why the configuration of the vacuum packaging machine affects the shelf life?
According to application scenarios, it is divided into household vacuum packaging machines and industrial vacuum packaging machines. The shelf life for household use is shorter, and the shelf life for industrial use is longer.
Benefits of vacuum preservation
- It is to reduce the oxygen content in the package, prevent the mildew and deterioration of the packaged food, maintain the color and fragrance of the food, and extend the shelf life.
- Vacuum packaging certainly plays an important role in food. However, using it in the processing of clothing items also has an extraordinary effect.
- Compared with ordinary packaging methods, vacuum packaging reduces the space occupied by items. It also has the advantages of moisture-proof, dust-proof and bacteria-proof, which makes the transportation of clothing items more convenient.
0086 133 0206 3626(Mobile)
0086 22 68587918